The Invitation

This blog is a copy of the journal I kept while dating my husband Timothy Kieswetter. Each entry is precisely what I wrote as a newly in-love 20 year old. I invite you to view my journey because it's beautiful.

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Setting Boundaries

13 February 2002

I've been waiting to write this but I haven't had time. Last night was so special for me.

I went to visit Tim. We didn't do much: played computer games; kissed; ate supper; kissed; went for a walk; kissed some more :)
And me, I'm the naughty one: no resistance or restraint! Poor Tim, I'm leaving all the integrity and hard work staying away from evil to him. It's wrong and I keep saying I won't make it difficult for him but then I do. Yes, slap me on the wrists!

Anyway, the great bit: As we were saying goodbye, Tim said that he felt we should only kiss long once a night. He said 'aand' but I heard 'maand' and we laughed about that for a while. Then we became serious and he explained that if we still wanted to remain in our boundaries, we must take it slower. (I've been thinking that for a while.) He said (and this is the good part because praise God for a man who believes this and cos they are my thoughts exactly!) he said that we have been growing spiritually and emotionally quite quickly in our relationship and that's great. In our 'special friend' time too, these areas had time to take the lead in our relationship. Now, we must just make sure that the physical does not catch up! Great hey!? And so true!

So, I wanted to shake hands on our agreement to only kiss long once a time we're together. Then he said we can start this rule from the next time, and this is where I was good. I said, "No, we start this rule tonight." So we kissed quickly (a few times) and then laughed at the possibility of our quick kisses becoming more frequent.

This and other gestures like it, make me have so much respect for Timothy. Respect and love because I see that he loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment