The Invitation

This blog is a copy of the journal I kept while dating my husband Timothy Kieswetter. Each entry is precisely what I wrote as a newly in-love 20 year old. I invite you to view my journey because it's beautiful.

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Learning to appreciate our differences

9 February 2002

We kinda had a disagreement today. I just complained that he always has to be right and that he questions everyone else (including the learned and esteemed) while I just accept everything as fact.

He said that that is just the way he is and that experiences in life have conditioned him to be sceptical of everyone especially ministers. It's a pity but it's sadly true that there is a lot of corruption in the church.

Anyway, he (we) once again saw the balance we need to have in our views. He will protect me from being too gullible and being taken for a ride. And I will point out the good in people. Praise God for His purposes!

We talked about a lot of things: my pride and wanting people to follow my example instead of God's.
Money: the love of it is wrong but having lots is not. God wants to bless and will even more if he knows he can trust a man with money. And sowing [giving] money should only be done in absolute obedience to God.

We also watched a clever movie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment