The Invitation

This blog is a copy of the journal I kept while dating my husband Timothy Kieswetter. Each entry is precisely what I wrote as a newly in-love 20 year old. I invite you to view my journey because it's beautiful.

Monday 8 October 2012

The Puzzle Process

4 May 2002

Timothy and I had a good chat last night. Communication is very important to Tim. He wants me to speak what's on my mind. The thing is, I often get offended, defensive and upset by what he says. We've had a number of disagreements lately and it's mainly because I'm so sensitive. God showed me that I must remember that Tim is on my side and doesn't intend to hurt me. I can't ask him to watch what he says because that would cut off his tongue, and for him, that's the dooming of our relationship. So I said sorry. I think he said sorry. And we'll remain the open candid people that we are.

The differences between me and Tim startled me yesterday. We're like chalk and cheese. His taste is so opposite to mine that if I find we have a similarity, I want to throw a party! God, are you sure we are meant for each other? Tim is convinced we were made for each other. And last night, I told him that I had peace that we should get married. But all the while, I'm thinking Eeeeeeek! We are in for hard work because we are so different. Talking through all our differences is going to take long!

Lord, why didn't you plan for someone that at least likes the same programmes as me? But I love him and he's your guy. Please Lord, can you make it easy for us to get along, now and always.

Then God reminded me about our puzzle process. Totally opposite and different pieces, yet fit perfectly together with God being the common thread! Praise God!


No comments:

Post a Comment