The Invitation

This blog is a copy of the journal I kept while dating my husband Timothy Kieswetter. Each entry is precisely what I wrote as a newly in-love 20 year old. I invite you to view my journey because it's beautiful.

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Firsts

10 April 2002

First time he came to my house, came to meet the family: Tuesday  25 October. I sent him an sms before he arrived to reassure him and help him relax.

First time he asked me out: A Monday night in an e-mail, 2 weeks after we met. I said no.

First time we held hands... too soon. It was awkward.

But the second time he asked me out was the 8th December, I said yes and we held hands. I couldn't stop laughing and giggling. It was great! Tim said hands have many nerves and that we could try all the ways of holding hands. It felt good and comfortable.

First time we kissed was also that night. In front of m front door. He asked. I'm glad. It went fine. the second kiss a few moments later wasbetter :)

The first time he took my hand and kissed the back of it, I think was in the movies. Our first movie together as a couple... what was it? Monsters Inc.
Chills ran through me (and not because of the movie!) Good grief, it was nice! Now we do that often. Also, he tickled my arm. Sjoe, it was too much for me! I was becoming so aroused! I couldn't believe myself!

We shared lots of personal information in those first few weeks. Tim says he felt he moaned a lot to me and unloaded his baggage on me. But I don't remember it like that. It felt good that he would share stuff with me. The talk in the car.

So, was it love at first sight? I don't want to say so, and yet it was. But in a Godly way. Not physical attraction but spiritual attraction at first talk. I mean, I went home that night and told my family the next morning that I had met the guy who could potentially be my husband! So that shows that from Day 1, I had a good feeling about Timothy.

For 4 weeks in December, we were away from each other. He phoned me every day except 1, (and that was unpreventable). We built on our friendship in that time. We chatted about many things and I found myself longing each day for the next phone call from him.

So, we've come a way and its been a wonderful exciting journey. Then why do I feel that I still don't know him? Probably because I don't... I'm not ready to marry him but at least I know I want to!
Big time!

No comments:

Post a Comment