The Invitation

This blog is a copy of the journal I kept while dating my husband Timothy Kieswetter. Each entry is precisely what I wrote as a newly in-love 20 year old. I invite you to view my journey because it's beautiful.

Thursday 23 August 2012

The Memory Verse Game

16 January 2002

You see, it's a good thing that Tim and I sometimes do nothing; have no date planned because we talk and it's more realistic. Yesterday he came up with the idea of seeing who knows the most Bible scriptures. He quotes one, then I quote one. If I can quote the scripture quicker than he can say the reference, he has to quote two scriptures. What a unique game, played by a Christian couple! It was fun and I like it that it was his idea.
We also had good communication. He explained to me that he likes to come to conclusions when we debate. I tend to drop the subject if I feel uncomfortable or cornered. He doesn't back down so easily :) I realized that we hadn't finished our last conversation, so we talked until I drew a conclusion.

Sms messages from Timothy:
(I was away from him on holiday with my family)

"Goeiemore my liefling. 
Dit reën lekker hier
en met elke druppel wat val,
vra ek die here dat ons moet 
bymekaar bly."
23 December 2001


"Nag my lief.
Ek bid 'n wonderlikke slaap vir jou;
dat God sy geliefde en myne
sal kom bedien in jou slaap."
25 December 2001


"Ek SO lief vir jou Janet
as ek net dink aan ons verhouding
en my liefde vir jou en joune vir my,
wil ek net huil want dit is so kosbaar vir my."
31 December 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment