The Invitation

This blog is a copy of the journal I kept while dating my husband Timothy Kieswetter. Each entry is precisely what I wrote as a newly in-love 20 year old. I invite you to view my journey because it's beautiful.

Monday 27 August 2012

Soberly and Honestly Evaluating


22 January 2002

Tim visited me at home last night and we had a good time. Laughing and chatting. Then we had a Bible study. (My idea). And Tim was interpreting the verses. It sounded right and it probably was, but what bugs me a little is that his opinions/interpretation is always right and mine is less right or wrong. But to give him credit, he did ask if I had something to add and sometimes he agreed with my opinion. I’ve told him that he doesn’t often agree with me and he said sorry.

Also, last night I confronted Dad about something and Dad got defensive. Tim asked if he could advise me to rather speak to Dad in private. Tim likes to feel that he is teaching me something. I was reminding myself to be teachable.

Today’s plans also come from me: movies. I would like it if he took the lead and initiative in other things besides spiritual debates J

I know all this sounds negative but it’s not really. I’m just ‘soberly and honestly evaluating’ him. That’s what the courtship… [here the diary page got wet and the words smudged so that I can’t see the last 3 words of the entry except a question mark at the end. I assume that the ‘courtship’ book I was referring to is ‘Boy Meets Girl’ by Joshua Harris. But I wish I knew what my last word with question mark is! Luckily this is the only place in my diary where letters were smudged so don’t worry, it won’t happen again!]

No comments:

Post a Comment